New Idea: Mobile Air Rotors Use Wind to Generate Electricity
* Magenn Air Rotor System is less expensive per unit of actual electrical energy output than competing wind power systems.
* Magenn Power Air Rotor System will deliver time-averaged output much closer to its rated capacity than the capacity factor typical with conventional designs. Magenn efficiency will be 40 to 50 percent. This is hugely important, since doubling capacity factor cuts the cost of each delivered watt by half.
* Wind farms can be placed closer to demand centers, reducing transmission line costs and transmission line loses.
* Conventional wind generators are only operable in wind speeds between 3 meters/sec and 28 meters/sec. Magenn Air Rotors are operable between 1 meter/sec and in excess of 28 meters/sec.
* Magenn Air Rotors can be raised to higher altitudes, thus capitalizing on higher winds aloft. Altitudes from 400-ft to 1,000-ft above ground level are possible, without having to build an expensive tower, or use a crane to perform maintenance.
* Magenn Air Rotors are mobile and can be easily moved to different locations to correspond to changing wind patterns. Mobility is also useful in emergency deployment and disaster relief situations.
These points are mutually inclusive. The advantages above combine to make Magenn the most cost-effective wind electrical generation system.